4. Non-Personally-Identifiable Information. Gaboogie may also collect information about you that is not personally-identifiable. This type of information includes your age, gender, zip code, area code, interests and preferences. We will not collect any such information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. We will use that and other data and information to make visits to the Site easier, quicker, and better for you and our other members and users. We also may track certain information about your visit to the Web Site, including (without limitation) pages viewed, clickstreams, and searches. Such information is gathered in the aggregate and is not identified by any specific users.
5. Other Special Circumstances. Contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on the Site will have separate privacy practices with regard to the information collected in connection with entering or participating in any such event. You will have a choice of whether or not you would like to allow certain information shared with third parties who may have a product or service of interest to you. You will also have the choice of whether a company that is co-sponsoring a promotion or contest may contact or send information to you.
6. Service Announcements. On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
7. Information Collected Automatically. Gaboogie may also automatically collect non-personally-identifiable information about your use of the Web Site, such as the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account), the date and time you access the Site, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Site. This information will not be linked to personally-identifiable information. We may use this information to analyze and enhance our Web Site and for security purposes, and we may aggregate this information and share the aggregated information with business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
8. Information Placed Automatically On Your Computer's Hard Drive. A "cookie" is information stored on your computer when you view a website. Our cookies help us in many ways. For example, a cookie is used to remember your username (if desired). This means that the next time you log in to Gaboogie, you will only have to enter your password. If you visit another website from our Site, you may also receive a cookie or similar file from that site. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. Remember, however, that blocking or deleting cookies may limit your ability to access some or all of the features and services of the Web Site.
9. Uploaded Information. We will not disclose to third parties any information, data and other materials that you upload to any non-public areas of the service offered on the Web Site (e.g., your address book) except as directed by you or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
10. Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. Gaboogie allows you to modify or delete your personal information or preferences, by clicking on the "Edit My Profile" link within the My Gaboogie section of the Web Site.
11. Children. The Web Site is not directed at individuals under thirteen years of age, and Gaboogie does not intend to collect any personally-identifiable information from such individuals.
12. Links to Other Websites. The Web Site allows links to various other web sites. We assume no responsibility for the information practices of sites you are able to access through the Web Site. Furthermore, a link to another does not imply an affiliation or an endorsement of that linked site.
13. Security. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online --- for example, via instant messaging or online meetings--- that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. While Gaboogie strives to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk. The importance of security for all personally-identifiable information associated with our users and members is of utmost concern to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally-identifiable information, we can't ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. However, once we receive your personally-identifiable information, we will take reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems. In certain areas Gaboogie uses SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. Your account on the Web Site is password protected so that only you can access it and view the member information relevant to the account. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Gaboogie will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Remember to sign out of your account on the Web Site and close your browser window when you have finished using Gaboogie. This will ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if your computer is accessible to others, if you share a computer with someone else, or if you use a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafè.
15. Whom to Contact. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact Gaboogie at:
3461 Anne MacDonald Way
North Vancouver, BC, Canada, V7G 2S7
Or, you may contact us by email.