Privacy and Security
3. Scope Of Policy. This Policy applies only to personal information about individuals (such as age, home phone, home email address, financial information), and not to information about corporate or other commercial entities. In accordance with British Columbia laws, this Policy does not apply to Gaboogie’s collection, use or disclosure of individuals:
(a) non-personally identifiable information;
(b) business contact information (name, title, address, phone, fax, email); or
(c) certain publicly-available information as stipulated by applicable law.
Gaboogie may automatically collect non-personally-identifiable information about your use of the Website, such as the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account), the date and time you access the Website, and the Internet address of the Website from which you linked directly to our Website. This information will not be linked to your personally-identifiable information. We may use this information to analyze and enhance our Website and for security purposes, and we may aggregate this information and share the aggregated information with business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
4. Personal Information Collection, Use and Disclosure. There are cases where we may ask you for personally-identifiable information such as your home mailing address, home email address and home telephone number when you register as a member of the Website, for online transactions, feedback forms, surveys and for other services that require registration or subscription. Please note that although certain registrations within Gaboogie require certain user information, registration itself is entirely optional. We also may collect certain information about your visit to the Website, including pages viewed, clickstreams, web beacons, searches, “cookies” (see below) and other means. When you provide us with personally-identifiable information, Gaboogie may collect, store, process, use and disclose it:
(a) to better understand your needs, customize your experience, and to provide and improve our products and services;
(b) to contact you periodically via email for informational purposes (for example, site updates, system outages, and service related announcements.);
(c) as necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with Gaboogie’s rights or property, other members or users of the Website, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
(d) as required or permitted by law.
6. Consent. If we want to collect, use or disclose any personal information for a new purpose, we will obtain your consent to do so, unless we are so authorized or required by law. Your consent can be given to us directly or can be implied (such as by subscribing to our services). You may withdraw consent to our use of your personal information at any time (subject to legal, contractual and other restrictions as provided by law), but as a consequence of such withdrawal we may be unable to provide certain services to you. For example, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on the Website may have separate privacy practices with regard to the information collected in connection with entering or participating in any such event. You will have a choice of whether or not you would like to allow certain information shared with third parties who may have a product or service of interest to you. You will also have the choice of whether a company that is co-sponsoring a promotion or contest may contact or send information to you.
7. Cookies. A "cookie" is information stored on your computer when you view a Website. Our cookies help us in many ways. For example, a cookie is used to remember your username (if desired). This means that the next time you log in to Gaboogie, you will only have to enter your password. If you visit another Website from our Website, you may also receive a cookie or similar file from that site. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. Remember, however, that blocking or deleting cookies may limit your ability to access some or all of the features and services of the Website.
8. Providing Access. You have the right to access your own personal information held by Gaboogie; for visitors who have registered this is done by signing in to the members area of the Website. For others, contact our Privacy Officer who will try to make your personal information available within 30 days or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfil the request. In some situations, we may not be able to provide access to certain of your personal information. This may be the case where, for example, disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual, the personal information is protected by solicitor or attorney-client privilege, the information was collected for the purpose of an investigation, or where disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information that could harm our competitive position. We may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information. Where an access request is refused Gaboogie will provide notice in writing, giving the reason for refusal and outlining further steps which are available to you.
9. Accuracy of Your Personal Information. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information we are using is accurate and complete. Gaboogie relies on its Website visitors and customers to ensure that their own information is current, complete and accurate by allowing them to modify or delete their personal information or preferences, by clicking on the "My Account" link within the My Gaboogie section of the Website. If you demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of your personal information but can not correct it for any reason, we will normally amend the information as required. If appropriate, we will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information had previously been disclosed. When any challenges by individuals regarding the accuracy of their personal information are not satisfactorily resolved, we will annotate the personal information under our control with a note that corrections were requested but not made.
10. Children. The Website is not directed at individuals under thirteen years of age, and Gaboogie does not intend to knowingly collect any personally-identifiable information from such individuals.
12. Security. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online --- for example, via instant messaging or online meetings--- that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. While Gaboogie strives to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk. The importance of security for all personally-identifiable information associated with our users and members is of utmost concern to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally-identifiable information, we can't ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. However, once we receive your personally-identifiable information, we will take reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems. In certain areas Gaboogie uses SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. Your account on the Website is password protected so that only you can access it and view the member information relevant to the account. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Gaboogie will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Remember to sign out of your account on the Website and close your browser window when you have finished using Gaboogie. This will ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if your computer is accessible to others, if you share a computer with someone else, or if you use a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafè. Gaboogie, through contractual or other reasonable means, tries to ensure that a comparable level of personal information protection is implemented by its suppliers, agents, and advertisers who are given access to such personal information, although absolute security cannot be guaranteed. We do always attempt to deal with reputable companies who agree to respect user privacy and applicable privacy laws.
13. Accountability. Gaboogie will be accountable and responsible for personal information that is in its possession or custody. We have designated a Privacy Officer (see below) to ensure Gaboogie’s compliance with this Policy and to address any questions or concerns you may have.
14. Whom to Contact. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Website, you can contact Gaboogie at:
Gaboogie Canada Inc.
205, 910 Richards Street
Vancouver, BC Canada V6B 3C1
Attention: Privacy Officer
Or, you may contact us by email at: [email protected].
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you should contact:
Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia:
PO Box 9038, Stn. Prov. Govt.
Victoria, BC V8W 9A4